Stains can be a real nuisance and can ruin your favorite clothes. But with the correct techniques and tools, you can effectively fight stains and keep your clothes looking fresh and clean. Here are the top 5 ways to combat stains.
1. Act fast! The first and most important step in fighting stains is to act quickly. The longer you wait, the harder it will be to remove the stain. As soon as you see a potential stain, remove the garment and soak it in cold water. This will help prevent it from setting in and making it harder to remove later.
2. Identify the type of stain. Different blemishes require altered treatments. For treating oil-based stains such as grease and makeup, you can use dawn dish soap and baking soda. For protein-based stains like blood and eggs, hydrogen peroxide is the best solution. Identifying the type of stain will help you choose the most effective treatment.
3. Use a stain remover. Once you soak the garment in cold water, apply a stain remover to the affected area. Be sure to follow the instructions on the package, as different types of stain removers may have inconsistent application methods.
4. Do not put stained items in the dryer. Putting a stained item in the dryer will set the stain and make it even harder to remove. If it is still visible after washing, reapply the stain remover and wash again.
5. Seek professional help. For tough stains that just won’t come out, don’t hesitate to bring them to Teton Cleaners. We have the knowledge, experience, and correct tools to effectively remove even the most stubborn stains.